1. Greece: With a group of 3000 sailing islands, Greece is considered one of the best destination to yacht charter in the world. You can choose to travel to the 5 main islands:
a) Ionian Islands
b) The Cyclades
c) The Dodecanese
d) The Sporades
e) The Athens region
Just because of the zigzag coastline, Greece is considered ideal for sailing through beaches & bays.
2. Croatia: Croatia has more than 1200 islands. Prime locations to visit are:
a) Istria and Kvarner
b) North Dalmatia
c) Central Dalmatia
d) South Dalmatia
Your sailing experience in Croatia will be the best combination of hot sun, deep and crystal blue sea where you can see the pebbles or the sand clearly.
3. Italy: Sicily in Italy is considered the largest island in the Mediterranean. The largest active volcano in Italy, Mount Etna, can be seen while sailing on your yacht. There are numerous beaches in the Palermo where you can feel a great sailing experience.
4. The Canary Islands in Spain: This Island was discovered by the Columbus who figured out the idea of sailing here and making it a new destination for sailing lovers.
The biggest carnival of Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Tenerife is organized here. While you can explore Fuerteventura with a Kayak. Gran Canaria which has been remarked as the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve can also be seen here.
5. The French Riviera: This destination comprises of unspoiled Islands, broken inlets, and beautiful beaches. One can also see the very large cosmopolitan resorts of Monte Carlo, Nice, and Cannes.
People come here to enjoy a relaxed atmosphere and tall palm trees along the coastline. One can also check out 2 other sailing areas:
a) The island of Corsica
b) The Gulf of Lion
One can also plan to see Monaco and its upscale hotels and casinos.